PALM DESERT OPPORTUNITIES
PALM DESERT COMMUNITY GALLERY
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Palm Desert invites artists, art groups, and collectors of unique art or memorabilia who are interested in exhibiting work in the Palm Desert Community Gallery to submit a proposal for upcoming exhibitions.
About the Gallery:
The Gallery is a community space reserved for artists residing in the Coachella Valley and its surrounding areas. Artists cannot be affiliated with a commercial gallery in the City of Palm Desert. Artwork may be sold from the exhibition, but sales are not the main focus of the space. Sales are conducted by the artist with no commission taken by the City. Applicants may be selected for solo exhibitions or may be paired or grouped to show work with other artists. Artists who work in two-dimensions are encouraged to apply; the gallery does not accommodate three-dimensional artwork. The gallery is located in the North Wing building at of Palm Desert City Hall. Artists are encouraged to visit the gallery before submitting an application.
• Application Available: December 1, 2016
• Proposals due: February 6, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (receipt date, not postmark date)
• Applications reviewed by the Art in Public Places Commission: February 8, 2017
• Artist notification: Week of February 13, 2017
• Available exhibition dates (dates are subject to change and will be assigned to those who are selected):
o May 25 – August 11, 2017
o August 17 – November 3, 2017
o November 9, 2017 – January 12, 2018
o January 18 – March 30, 2018
Applicants must be residents of the Coachella Valley and its surrounding area and not affiliated with a commercial gallery in the City of Palm Desert.
- Artists/artist groups should submit a résumé(s), including address, phone, and email.
- A one-page description of what is being proposed for exhibition; please indicate if you are willing to exhibit with other artists.
- Submit up to 15 images (photographs, CD, or email).
• All images must have a number that corresponds to an accompanying identification sheet which includes the title, medium, size, and date of the artwork. All applicants must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if return of application materials is desired.
All proposals will be reviewed by the Art in Public Places Commission at its regularly scheduled meeting on February 8, 2017. Artists will be selected for solo, duo or group exhibitions. The Commission reserves the right to group artists together. People applying in groups or with a unique collection will not be separated or grouped with other artists.
Where to Send Materials:
Deborah S. Glickman, Management Analyst
City of Palm Desert
73-510 Fred Waring
Palm Desert, California 92260
Attn: Community Gallery
For more information or questions, contact Deborah S. Glickman at 760-837-1664 or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The City of Palm Desert reserves the right to alter the exhibition dates as well as cancel part or all of the gallery season.
ARTIST REGISTRY PALM DESERT, CA
Artists interested in applying to the artist registry can do so by email or regular mail. Unfortunately, we no longer are accepting two dimensional artwork proposals, except for muralists because most of all the commissions are for out-of-doors sculpture and exterior treatments.
Artists should send 10-15 images in jpeg form with a description of medium, scale and location of artworks and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Schwartz Glickman, Management Analyst, City of Palm Desert, 73-510 Fred Waring Drive, Palm Desert, CA 92260.
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis and juried into the registry.
For additional information call 760-837-1664.