The City Council’s commitment to affordable housing is evident by the housing programs, while scaled back due to the elimination, still offer a variety of housing opportunities and programs.
- Homeownership opportunities for first-time homebuyer households of lower incomes based on Riverside County Area Median Income (AMI) limits. (These opportunities vary from time to time but the City maintains an interest list for households that are interested in homes that were previously assisted and become available for resale.) Click here to download a Prequalification Questionnaire for homes that may become available.
- Subsidized rental opportunities for persons and households of lower incomes based on AMI limits (These communities are owned by the PDHA, however, other subsidized rentals are available in the City, see Developer Provided Affordable Rental Housing Opportunities below)
- Home Improvement Program for emergency situations in the form of emergency grants for households that own their home and qualify as low income based on the AMI. Please contact the Housing Department for more information.
- Developer subsidized rental opportunities
- Senior assisted living for lower income persons
- Veteran’s housing. The City is currently working with Habitat for Humanity to donate a lot for the purpose of providing a home for a disabled veteran. Please contact the Housing Department or Habitat for Humanity at (760) 969-6917 or http://www.cvhfh.org/ for more information.