Child Care Licensing

A Child Care facility must first be licensed by the Community Care State Licensing Board. They are based in Riverside, CA. and may be contacted at (951) 782-4200.

Once licensed by the State, they present their license to the City whereby a regular business license is issued. If it is a home-based child care of 8 or fewer children, the license is fee exempt. If it is a commercial facility of 8 or more children our regular fee schedule (Category A) is applicable.